SCOUTING OF ITALIAN SMEs – Agreements with banks
IMI/Intesa San Paolo Group
September 2011: agreement between La Centrale and IMI (Intesa San Paolo Group) on potential opportunities with the possibility of having access to the investment portfolio of the Intesa San Paolo Group monitored through the Advisory Committee.
Other national and regional Banks
La Centrale aims at reaching agreements similar to those signed with IMI also with other national and regional banks.
LA CENTRALE FINANCIAL INTERMEDIATION SRL
Credit broker entered into the Bank of Italy Register and mainly operating in the Central and Southern part of Italy.
December 2011: La Centrale Group purchased a 60% shareholding of this company and the remaining 40% is still owned by Guida & Partners.
Strategic acquisition since it provides the funding necessary for the M&A operations developed by La Centrale Merchant Corporate.
- Retainer fee for operational activities (information memorandum, search for counterparts, assessment).
- Success fee linked to the good outcome of the operation.
INVESTIMENT IN ASSET MANAGEMENT COMPANIES (SGR)
La Centrale manages majority/minority shareholdings in Asset Management Companies specialized in the promotion of funds reserved for institutional investors.
The aim is to have stable current revenue and cash flows over time.
IMMOBILIARE – SERENISSIMA SGR
La Centrale owns a 78% shareholding of Serenissima SGR.
Established in 2004, it is currently Italy’s tenth real estate SGR with managed assets to the tune of about 1 billion €.
It promotes and manages closed investment funds.
- Serenissima SGR new business model envisages:
- the supervision of the whole value chain;
- the management of a wide range of products consistent with investment needs and market problems/opportunities;
- the increase of the assets managed to protect the Asset Under Management;
- a brand known on the market.
In 2011 Serenissima granted to La Centrale proceeds from shareholdings equal to 750,000 €.